Successful Transition into Graduate School (STRINGS)
Currently the second cohort of STRINGS is in progress. If you would like to learn more about the program, please call us at 278-1622.
Apply at:bit.ly/STRINGS_2 Deadline to apply: Applications are not being accepted at the moment!
Successful Transition into Graduate School (STRINGS) is a year-long cohort program focused on helping Hispanic and other underrepresented minority, first-generation, and/or returning students transition successfully into graduate school.
STRINGS, which is made possible by a U.S. Department of Education Title V Part B (PPOHA) grant, offers:
- mentorship and professional development opportunities,
- monthly cohort meetings and year-long workshops to foster practices leading to successful graduate students, and
- $500 in direct financial support.
In order to be eligible to participate in STRINGS, a student must:
- be newly admitted into a Fresno State graduate program;
- be enrolled in his/her academic program for the full academic year; and
- remain in good academic standing while a participant in STRINGS.
For further details, see the program description (PDF, 321KB)
If you have questions, please contact the Graduate Net Initiative at 559-278-1622 or visit us at the Frank W. Thomas Bldg. Room 121.