- The templates below are MS Word files in the prescribed university thesis format. Margins, line spacing, and heading styles are all set up for you.
- Download the template assigned to your program (see lists below).
- Once you get your template, check out this helpful instructional Power Point: Navigating the Thesis Template: The Basics
- You should also check out these three very short (<3min. ea.) instructional videos on using the template: 1) Styles window, 2) Pasting text into the template, 3) Populating the Table of Contents.
- If the Power Point and video presentations above just aren't enough and you'd like to schedule an in-person tutorial, email the Graduate Study Center (firstname.lastname@example.org). One of our knowledgeable and friendly consultants can schedule a time to meet via Zoom.
Use the above chapter template if you are writing a thesis using MLA, Turabian, or some other journal specific to your field (e.g., Art, English, Business Administration, History, International Relations, Linguistics, Public Administration, Spanish)
If you are writing a thesis using APA 7th edition, (e.g., Communication, Communicative Sciences and Deaf Studies, Counseling, Criminology, Education, Ed.S., Kinesiology, Psychology, Public Health, Social Work) use the template above.
Use the section template if your degree is in Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Geology, Industrial Technology, Mathematics, Physics, Plant Science, or Viticulture and Enology
Doctoral Degree Templates