REQUIREMENTS FOR DISSERTATION/THESIS SUBMISSIONS
- Your dissertation/thesis chair and all committee members must
submit the "Final Submission Approval" statement electronically.
Instructions are available on the DTO Web site (see
"Dissertation/Thesis Submission" under "Step 2").
- The dissertation/thesis must be formatted per university
specifications detailed in the
Guidelines for Thesis Preparation or the
Format and Evaluation Guidelines for Dissertation
Preparation , both available on the DTO Web site. MS Word
templates are also available as a resource to format your
- All critical elements of the dissertation or thesis must be
present. Students should not still be engaged in writing parts of
the document. You must have an abstract,
which must fit on one page, and all required
preliminary pages (see respective guidelines: title page,
approval page, authorization sheet, table of contents, and, as
needed, list of tables and list of figures), as well as a
completed reference list (i.e., "References," "Works Cited,"
- The list of references must follow the format of a selected
style sheet or manual. Indicate your choice in the registration
material you submit to the DTO (see DTO Web site,
"Dissertation/Thesis Submission" under "Step 1") and include a
recent sample if you are using a specialized journal format .
- All content additions or corrections made by your committee
members must be incorporated into the submission reviewed by the