A limited number of CR-graded courses may be used toward a graduate degree program. “CR/NC graded only” coursework is identified by classnote 14 in the Class Schedule.
- A maximum of 6 CR-graded units may be included on a 30-unit program.
- A maximum of 12 CR-graded units may be included on a 60-unit program.
- Some programs do not allow any CR-graded coursework to be counted toward the degree.
- All courses must be completed prior to the final day of the semester or term when a student expects to graduate.
- “I’s”, “RP’s”, and “RD’s” are types of incomplete grades.
Students pursuing a graduate degree program may repeat a course; however, grade substitution is not allowed.
- If transfer work is listed on the petition: Course description and master’s degree program description demonstrating that the course could have been used toward the master’s degree at the other institution; the course numbering and grading systems; information clarifying whether the institution used the semester or quarter system; and one official transcripts of transfer work (on file in the Office of Admissions and Records at Fresno State).
- A maximum of 9 transfer units (including California State University, Fresno Extension and/or Open University) may apply toward a 30-unit program.
- A maximum of 6 independent study units (for a 30-unit program) may be listed on the advancement petition.
Students unable to withdraw from a course within the allotted time period for withdrawals, due to extenuating circumstances or university error, may file a “ Request for Retroactive Withdrawal” form in the Division of Graduate Studies.