Prospective Students--Our University
We are extremely proud that you are interested in our university. Over 3,000 graduate students believe that Fresno State offers an excellent education and outstanding career and professional preparation. The university continuously works to meet changing student needs with campus expansion in degree programs, research opportunities, and provision of state-of-the-art facilities. Recent additions to our campus include the Downing Planetarium, the Crime Lab, the Viticulture and Enology Research Center, and the Save Mart Center.
Please take the time to navigate through our graduate Web site for program information, applications, current catalog, Class Schedule, and much more. Our News and Events site will also give you an inside look at current graduate students, faculty, and various financial aid opportunities. If you require additional information, call our office at 559.278.2448.
Campus and Community
The decision to pursue advanced studies is extremely important. Nationally, each year more than 480,000 students complete the master’s degree to gain additional professional advancement and growth. Another 50,000 seek graduate studies at the doctoral level. The postbaccalaureate Certificate of Advanced Study has been one of the fastest growing degrees in graduate education. Fresno State offers all of these for you. We are committed to helping our students achieve a competitive difference in their lives.
- Over 22,000 students in eight colleges and schools
- More than 4,000 graduate students; 900 graduate degrees awarded per year
- Diverse graduate student population: 64% women, 43% ethnic minorities, 10% international students
- Graduate program coursework available for students employed full time (46%) and part time (41%)
- Distinguished faculty: Fulbright scholars; National Endowment for the Humanities and National Science Foundation scholars; internationally renowned authors and artists; Pulitzer Prize and Prix de Rome winners
- Library collections of more than 1 million books and journals, as well as recorded music, maps, and rare book and manuscript materials; access to over 40 databases, covering periodicals, newspapers, and all text services.
City of Fresno
The City of Fresno has a population of over 495,000 and was selected as an All-America City in 2000. Affordable housing and a lower cost of living make Fresno an excellent place to live. The city offers a thriving cultural environment that includes the Fresno Philharmonic, opera, theatre, ballet, the Fresno Art Museum, and an array of galleries.
Our prime location in the center of the state provides easy access to the coast, San Francisco, and Los Angeles; additionally, we are adjacent to three national parks. Fresno County is the number two agricultural county in the world, as well as a preferred site for manufacturing and distribution, and constitutes a major scientific and health research corridor for Central California.
Fresno Area Chamber of Commerce, 559.495.4800: www.fresnochamber.com
- University Courtyard (on-campus) 559.278.2345: www.universitycourtyard.org
- Palazzo at Campus Pointe, 559.291.6400: www.palazzofresno.com
- City of Fresno, houses or apartments:
www.rent.com or www.apartmentlist.com/ca/fresno