Provost's Graduate Scholarships
2009: Due to budget cuts, this program is not currently being funded.
The Provost's Graduate Scholarships are awards from $1,000 to $3,000 per year for two years whose purpose is to help attract high-quality students to graduate degree-granting programs. These scholarships are designed for graduate programs that have a growth target that is supported by their college/school dean.
Graduate Coordinators/Directors apply on behalf of their programs. The Division of Graduate Studies administers the scholarships.
Application for Provost's Graduate Scholarships is a two-step process. The graduate coordinator requests the number of scholarships the program needs, and the Division of Graduate Studies will respond with the number available for that program based on the criteria given below. The graduate program will choose the recipients.
Please deliver the following to the Division of Graduate Studies by the deadline:
- Application form (Click to download: Word document | PDF version*)
- Recruitment plan (addressing goals for program size and quality and how students will be recruited, when, by whom, etc.)
The Division of Graduate Studies will award grants based on the following considerations:
1. The scholarship is packaged with other department and college/school resources to increase its value and impact.
2. The program has a quality, comprehensive recruitment plan.
3. The program has sufficient number of engaged faculty to support growth.
4. The program has a good track record of advising and mentoring students.
5. The graduation rate is acceptable.
Programs should vigorously recruit high-quality students based on the following criteria:
1. Suggested undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or above.
2. Award recipients should be individuals who have distinguished themselves in their undergraduate programs or professional life and who might not ordinarily attend California State University, Fresno without the grant.
10/10/07 — Application form and recruitment plan due (We know this is early, but you need to know ASAP for recruiting purposes!)
10/31//07 — Award notifications
4/15/08 — Deadline for providing names of awardees to Division of Graduate Studies.
For more information, contact the Division of Graduate Studies at 278-2448, or Jim Prince at 278-2558 or firstname.lastname@example.org.