Graduate Faculty/Program Enhancement Awards
Deadline: November 27, 2006
Graduate Faculty/Program Enhancement Awards of up to $5,000 are
available for faculty teaching graduate students and/or advising
graduates students. Departments with graduate programs may also
apply for Graduate Enhancement Awards of up to $10,000. Exceptional
proposals with appropriate justification may be considered for
additional funding. Awards may be used, for example, for faculty
professional development, recruiting of graduate students, graduate
assistantships, advising of graduate students, or developing
curriculum. These awards are for Spring 2007 or Summer 2007. The
next call for applications will be for the 2007-2008 academic year.
Click here to download the complete application: Word document | PDF document*
- Applicants must prepare a concise narrative (1-2 pages) that
includes an informative description of the proposal and explains
how an award would enhance graduate education.
- Applicants must provide a clear statement on expected
- Individual applicants must provide evidence of involvement in
their graduate program and demonstrate a strong commitment to
- Applicants must provide a detailed budget specifying the
amount of assigned time, and/or other expenses. A budget
justification must be included.
- Applicants must have the support of their department/college as indicated by signatures of the department graduate coordinator, the department chair, and the college dean.
Use of Funds
- Assigned time of 3 WTUs for each participating faculty
- Overload pay or summer salary.
- Student pay to help with graduate enhancement activities.
- Other expenses that relate directly to improvement of the graduate program.