Graduate Faculty/Program Enhancement Awards
2009: Due to budget cuts, this program is not currently being funded.
Graduate Faculty/Program Enhancement Awards of up to $5,000 are available for faculty teaching graduate students and/or advising graduates students. Departments with graduate programs may also apply for Graduate Enhancement Awards of up to $10,000. Exceptional proposals with appropriate justification may be considered for additional funding. Awards may be used, for example, for faculty professional development, recruiting of graduate students, graduate assistantships, advising of graduate students, or developing curriculum. These awards are for Spring 2008 or Summer 2008. The next call for applications will be for the 2008-2009 academic year.
- Applicants must prepare a concise narrative (1-2 pages) that
includes an informative description of the proposal and explains
how an award would enhance graduate education.
- Applicants must provide a clear statement on expected
- Individual applicants must provide evidence of involvement in
their graduate program and demonstrate a strong commitment to
- Applicants must provide a detailed budget specifying the
amount of assigned time, and/or other expenses. A budget
justification must be included.
- Applicants must have the support of their department/college as indicated by signatures of the department graduate coordinator, the department chair, and the college dean.
Use of Funds
- Assigned time of 3 WTUs for each participating faculty
- Overload pay or summer salary.
- Student pay to help with graduate enhancement activities.
- Other expenses that relate directly to improvement of the graduate program.