Current First Year Experience Students
Online Registration Instructions:
Fresno State Portal Sign-in: http://my.csufresno.edu
Online Registration Instructions Navigation Menu
Before You Register
- Check for registration holds at My Fresno State. They are listed as "Important Info & Holds" in your Student Center.
- Your registration appointment can be viewed from your Student Center at My Fresno State after being issued.
- Use Class Wish List at My Fresno State to search for classes and build a class schedule.
- To register using the web, it is recommended that you use a Windows computer with Internet Explorer 8 or Mozilla Firefox 3.6. A Macintosh computer with Safari (only on OS 6); or Mozilla Firefox 3.6 should also work. ITS recommends AOL customers use Mozilla Firefox 3.6 to access my.csufresno.edu. Please avoid using the back button on your browser; this may cause you to lose the classes you have entered but not yet submitted.
During Online Registration Session
Need Help? Call the Technology Service Desk at (559) 278-7000, 7:00am-9:00pm Monday through Friday and 8:00am-5:00pm on Saturday.
- Launch web browser and go to My Fresno State.
- Use your Fresno State email user name and password to login. If you have not established a Fresno State email account, click Get An Account Now below login button.
- Please be patient. There may be occasional system delays. Do not click additional links while waiting for the system to respond. These actions will cause significant registration difficulties.
- Once in My Fresno State read all messages carefully.
- Avoid the browser Back button; this will cause you to lose classes you selected but have not yet registered. Use RETURN prompt at the bottom of the screen.
- Do not double-click links.
- Under My Menu, click on Student Self Service, then click on Student Center.
- To expand My Academic Records & Registration, click on the green arrow at the left of the bar.
- Click on Class Enrollment.
- Select the term you wish to enroll in. If the term you want is not listed, call the Admissions Office at (559)278-2261 during normal business hours.
- Enter a 5-digit Class Number in the Class Number box. Click on Enter. This will bring you to a new page. This page allows you to verify your request, and if necessary, select a related component, such as a lab, change your grading option, or enter a permission number. At bottom of screen, click Next to proceed.
- If you do not know the 5-digit class number, use the Search feature to find open classes. Enter the course subject and course number (i.e. HIST 12) and click Search (leave the box checked to show open classes only). If you find a class you want to add, click on the Select Class button to add it to your Enrollment Shopping Cart.
- You can place additional courses in the Enrollment Shopping Cart by repeating the instructions described in Steps 11& 12 above. If you want to delete a class, click on the Trash Bin. After you have selected all of your classes, click on the button labeled Proceed to Step 2 of 3.
- Click on the Finish Enrolling box to enroll in your courses.
- Be sure to check the Status column for possible errors with your registration. If your registration is successful, the message “success” will be displayed. If errors exist, the class was not added. Specific details about the error are listed.
- To drop a class previously added, click on Drop a Class tab. Select the class you want to drop. View your results by checking the box in the Select column. Then click Drop Selected Classes. Confirm your selection and click Finish Dropping.
- To verify all classes are correct, click on My Class Schedule.
- Print a copy of your schedule.
- Sign Out (Top Middle of screen) of registration when finished. Close Browser when sign off is completed.
- Confirm and print your schedule each time you make a change by using the My Class Schedule tab in Class Enrollment on the Student Center