Temporary Faculty - Lecturers
"Temporary faculty employee" is any faculty unit employee who is serving in a temporary faculty appointment for a specified period of time, whether full-time or part-time. The classification most assigned is a Lecturer position (see APM 306 under "Policies").
Policy references for current temporary employees
Department Information on Recruiting and Hiring Processes and Procedures
eRecruit Procedures for Temporary Faculty vacancies (instructions .pdf) Print application from eRecruit and other required materials.
- if not using eRecruit: Candidate to complete Temporary Faculty Employment Application (SC1) (Rev 06/2019)
- Suggested Department New Temporary Hiring Guidelines Procedures (new 10/20/2017). This checklist is to assist the Department in collecting all required paperwork for processing new hires. (please email for Word)
- Procedures for Hiring a New Temporary Faculty: includes PeopleSoft Screenshots (REV 6/2019)
- Lecturer Certification Form (rev 05/2019)
- Lecturer Assignment Review (former "Workload Change") (REV 5/2019)
Pay and Salary Resources
- Salary Schedule (opens in New Window to Faculty Affairs>Current/Prospective Faculty>Salary Schedules>Lecturers)
- Pay Calendars (opens in New Window to Payroll website)
- Pay Schedule: AY Lecturers are salaried positions and receive six pay warrants for each semester assignment.
Other Pay related resources:
- Full-Time Temporary Faculty Additional Unit (16th unit) (opens link Additional Pay/Overload)
- Range Elevation (opens link under Salary Programs)
- Benefits Information:
- Temporary Faculty Benefits Eligibility Information (PDF) (revised Oct 2017)
- Benefits (opens in New Window to Payroll website)
Temporary Faculty are subject to evaluations. Please review APM 306 and pertinent department policies.