Temporary Faculty - Lecturers
"Temporary faculty employee" is any faculty unit employee who is serving in a temporary faculty appointment for a specified period of time, whether full-time or part-time. The classification most assigned is a Lecturer position (see APM 306 under "Policies").
Policies and Resources
Policy references for current temporary employees
Department Information on Recruiting and Hiring Processes and Procedures
Procedures for Temporary Faculty job announcements in CHRS Recruiting (under construction)
Pay and Salary Resources
- Salary Schedule (opens in New Window to Faculty Affairs>Current/Prospective Faculty>Salary Schedules>Lecturers)
- Pay Calendars (opens in New Window to Payroll website)
- Pay Schedule: AY Lecturers are salaried positions and receive six pay warrants for each semester assignment.
Other Pay related resources:
- Full-Time Temporary Faculty Additional Unit (16th unit) (opens link Additional Pay/Overload)
- Range Elevation (opens link under Salary Programs)
- Benefits Information:
- Temporary Faculty Benefits Eligibility Information (PDF) (revised Oct 2017)
- Benefits (opens in New Window to Payroll website)
Temporary Faculty are subject to evaluations. Please review APM 306 and pertinent department policies.
Reemployment List per 38.48
Link to submit interest to return (in progress)