Separation Resignation, Appointment Ending
- This form is used for temporary faculty member, Teaching Associate, Graduate Assistant, or Instructional Student Assistant was approved (given an appointment notice) during a set period of time and the individual has decided to resign, quit, terminate, or retire either before, during the appointment or at the end of the scheduled appointment.
- Do not use this form for tenured, tenure track, or FERP faculty or when the temporary faculty member or student should be requesting a medical or personal leave of absence.
- For information regarding medical or personal leave of absence, click here
Retirement or FERP
Sample Retirement Letters
Sample letters click here
- For information regarding Retirement and Employment After Retirement, click here
- For information regarding Faculty Early Retirement Program (FERP) and Pre-retirement timebase reduction (PRTB) click here
Separation Checklist for Faculty member resigning, retiring, or ending FERP.
An electronic process for "checking out" from campus was initiated during the 2010-2011 academic year. The instruction page will walk you through the steps, and the checklist sheet gives you a description of items that may show on your list.
- Online checklist through My Fresno State instructions
- Checklist showing tasks and responsibility
CalPERS Website (for Retirees)
- CalPERS 200-002-14 Post Service Retirement Employment Requirements
- Employer Checklist for Hiring CalPERS Retirees (Jan 2014)
Fresno State Faculty Affairs web documents:
- University Emeriti Policy (pdf)
- CalPers Retirement Calculation Formulas (pdf)
- Sample Full Retirement Calculations (pdf)
- Sample FERP Retirement Calculations (pdf)
- CalSTRS Website
- Collective Bargaining Agreement, CFA, Article 29: Faculty Early Retirement Program
- Social Security Administration Website