Conducting Faculty Searches
2020-2021 Steps to open a Tenure Track Search
- Approved Search - approved by the Provost and your Dean.
- Elect a committee in the Department.
- Email Marsha Baum to schedule training and to be assigned an EEOD.
- As a committee, complete training with Marsha Baum, AVP for Faculty Affairs
- During training, select a communication representative (PageUp processes) to manage the applicant's communications.
- Create a recruitment plan including an estimated timeline for review, telephone interviews, and in-person interviews.
- After the consultation, submit your final draft word document to firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate recruitment for online approvals.
- Search is opened and posted on standard sites - Higher Ed Jobs, Inside Higher Ed,
Chronicle online, and various diversity postings.
- A confirmation email from JobElephant will be sent as well as suggestions for additional postings. You may request additional postings through JobElephant at this time.
- Procedures for Recruiting Tenure-Track Faculty (Word) (PDF) - Last updated September 2016
- EEO Designee List - Maintained by Faculty Affairs. Call 278-3027 for assistance in finding an EEOD or Substitute.
- Minority Serving Institutions (Excel) - Last updated June 2015
- Instructions: Navigating The College Blue Book (PDF)
- Standard Advertising - Posted by Faculty Affairs (PDF) - Last updated June 2016
- New Version of the Sample Vacancy (Word) 09/12/2018
- New Version of edit fields of vacancy (Word) 09/12/2018
- Background Check Questionnaire Form (PDF)
- Authorized Committee Members Form (PDF) (for Lecturers and Unit 11 vacancy requests only)
Reviewing Applicant Information
- Candidate Evaluation Rubric (Excel) - Last updated June 2014
- Sample Candidate Evaluation Spreadsheet (Excel) - Last updated March 2015
- Reference Check Form (PDF)
- On-Campus Visit Form (PDF) - Last updated Oct 2019
- Recruitment Summary Form (Word) - Last updated March 2015
- Department Nomination Form (PDF) - Last updated Oct 2018
- Dean Nomination Form (PDF) - Last updated Nov 2014