FERP vs PRTB
- Article 29 Faculty Early Retirement Program
- Article 30 Pre-retirement Reducation in Timebase
- San Jose State University - FERP and PRTB Retirement Calculator
- CalPERS Retirement Guide and Reference (pdf)
CalPERS Enrollment Eligibility
- Full-time appointments that exceed six months and half-time appointments averaging 20 hours per week for one year or longer require membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS).
Sample Retirement Letters
Sample Retirement Letter (Word format)—contains model language to use in composing a personal letter to the President regarding your retirement.
Sample FERP Letter (Word format)—contains suggested language to use in composing a letter regarding entry into the Faculty Early Retirement Program (FERP).
Sample Letter Rescinding Earlier Letter Asking Entry into FERP (Word format)—use as a guide in composing a letter to the President rescinding an earlier letter asking for entry into FERP.