Resignation, Appointment Ending
Retirement or Ending FERP
Faculty Early Retirement Program (FERP) and Pre-retirement timebase reduction (PRTB)
Separation Checklist for Faculty member resigning, retiring, or ending FERP.
An electronic process for "checking out" from campus was initiated during the 2010-2011 academic year. The instruction page will walk you through the steps, and the checklist sheet gives you a description of items that may show on your list.
- Online checklist through My Fresno State instructions
- Checklist showing tasks and responsibility
CSU Technical Letters on Post Retirement Employment (pdf):
- HR2008-23 Post Retirement Employment: CalPERS' Retirees
- HR/Benefits 2003-12 Faculty Early Retirement Summary (FERP)
- CalPERS 200-002-14 Post Service Retirement Employment Requirements
- Employer Checklist for Hiring CalPERS Retirees (Jan 2014)
Article 29: Faculty Early Retirement Program
FAQs regarding FERP (pdf)
Sample Retirement Letters
Sample Retirement Letter (Word format)—contains model language to use in composing a personal letter to the President regarding your retirement.
Sample FERP Letter (Word format)—contains suggested language to use in composing a letter regarding entry into the Faculty Early Retirement Program (FERP).
Sample Letter Rescinding Earlier Letter Asking Entry into FERP (Word format)—use as a guide in composing a letter to the President rescinding an earlier letter asking for entry into FERP.