Workshops are held in the Center for Faculty Excellence, second floor of the Henry Madden Library unless otherwise noted.
HANDS-ON CANVAS WORKSHOPS
Earn badges for attending the Canvas Hands-on Workshops! Attend 2 workshops to receive a Bronze badge, 4 for a Silver badge and 6 for a Gold Badge!
Register here for Hands-on Workshops: https://forms.gle/4zbEMuv6VeKSRqgr5
Getting Started with Canvas (1 1/2 hours BRING YOUR OWN DEVICE)
New to Canvas? This hands-on workshop will go over the tools in Canvas including creating modules, setting up assignments, generating quizzes, and setting up discussions. The workshop is intended to give you the basic tools necessary to build your course content in Canvas. Course communications including notification preferences, announcements, messaging, and more. Managing your gradebook, using SpeedGrader, and communicating via the gradebook will also be addressed along with setting up groups, using sections to better manage your course, and leveraging course analytics.
- Wednesday, May 29, 9:00 - 10:30 a.m. (HML2132)
- Tuesday, June 4, 9:00 - 10:30 a.m. (HML2134)
- Monday, June 10, 9:00 - 10:30 a.m. (HML2134)
- Wednesday, August 21, 8:30 - 10:00 a.m. (HML2134)
Cleaning Up Your Canvas Course (1 1/2 hour BRING YOUR OWN DEVICE)
This workshop covers hiding the areas that aren't needed, cleaning up your files area as well as the assignments and quizzes and generally getting your course ready for prime time!
- Thursday, June 6, 9:00 - 10:30 a.m. (HML2134)
- Wednesday, June 12, 9:00 - 10:30 a.m. (HML2134)
- Wednesday, August 21, 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. (HML2134)