Fresno State has again chosen iClicker as the university supported student response system.
Continuing iClicker users!! If you still have a BLACK base (and not a white one) please contact JoLynne (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get a new one!!
Steps for using them in a face-to-face class:
- Contact the Kennel Bookstore to let them know you will be using them
- Go to iclicker.com and download iClicker Cloud. You can also download the iClicker Cloud app for instructors.
- Create your iClicker Cloud account.
- Decide if you will allow clickers only, mobile devices only, or a combination in your course. Give your students the option of purchasing the bundled iClicker2 plus 5 year access to REEF polling from the Kennel bookstore
- Students will also need to create their iClicker Cloud account by going to https://www.iclicker.com/ and selecting 'Create an Account' > Student or registering through the link you provide in your Blackboard course.
- Contact JoLynne Blake (email@example.com) in the Center for Faculty Excellence if you need assistance
- Instructor Set Up Instructions
- Download iClicker Cloud, Create Your Account and First Course
- Run a polling session
- Polling question types in cloud
- View, manage, and grade results
- Close an active session
Resources and Articles:
Fresno State's use of iClicker supports the California State Student Association (CSSA) Resolution Calling for the Standardization of Student Response Systems: https://www.calstate.edu/acadsen/Records/Resolutions/2010-2011/3007.shtml
CSU Resolution AS-3007-11/AA/FGA (Rev)
- “Current practices frequently require students to purchase multiple devices that many times are used for one class and then not used again.”
- “Standardization of such devices on individual campuses would serve to reduce student costs while improving Information Technology support services to students.”
Educause - Clickers in the Classroom: Transforming Students into Active Learners: http://www.educause.edu/Resources/ClickersintheClassroomTransfor/231423
Merlot Case Stories - Audience Response Systems: http://elixr.merlot.org/case-stories/technology--learning/audience-response-systems?noCache=734:1304556136
Vanderbilt University's Center for Teaching: http://cft.vanderbilt.edu/teaching-guides/technology/clickers/
Carl Wieman Science Education Initiative at University of British Columbia: http://www.cwsei.ubc.ca/resources/clickers.htm