Online and Blended Teaching Certificate Programs
The Online & Blended Teaching Certificate Programs have been developed to assist faculty in the design, development, and delivery of online and blended courses. In each certificate, instructors will be guided through curriculum based on the Quality Online Learning and Teaching (QLT) Program offered through the California State University, Office of the Chancellor.
The mission of the Strategic Plan at Fresno State is to boldly educate and empower students for success. The Online & Blended Teaching Certificate Programs at Fresno State directly address Priority One of this plan through the themes of access to classes and curriculum and course redesign.
Enhance teaching and learning through best practices, innovative programs, and high-impact experiences that attract talented and diverse students and contribute to retention, extraordinary learning, the development of the whole student, and lifelong success.
Advanced Online and Blended Teaching Certificate
This certificate is designed for those faculty who are currently teaching a fully online or a hybrid/blended course. Through an interactive cohort, participants will enhance and strengthen current skills to become a more effective instructor in both the pedagogy and practices of online instruction. An integral part of this program is the application of the QLT Objectives. To achieve this, successful completion of Q2 Reviewing Courses Using the QLT Instrument is required.
Highlights of the Advanced Online & Blended Teaching Certificate
- Self-evaluation of your online course
- Required attendance at two 2-hour synchronous meetings with topics including:
- Addressing the online course’s adherence to accessibility and universal design principles
- Peer evaluation
- Course redesign action plan
- Showcase of course transformation
- Potential to submit fully online redesigned course to the Office of the Chancellor for Cross Campus Enrollment
- Individual consultations with your assigned Instructional Designer