Policies and Procedures for Teaching Online
In consultation with Vice Provost Nef and Rudy Sanchez our Interim Vice President for Faculty Affairs, no faculty member will be assigned blended or online courses for fall 2019 unless they have completed training by April 1, 2019. The list of trained faculty can be found here.
Additionally, APM 206 requires that any course offered more than 20% as a blended or online course must have a technical review by the Center for Faculty Excellence. Currently, no new online or blended courses will be added as course offerings. Existing courses will be systematically reviewed over a five year cycle. For the 2018-19 academic year, ten courses have been identified and will have a technical review. To be place on the waiting list for a technical review or if you have questions you can contact our Quality Learning and Teaching faculty fellow Dr. Maria-Aparecida Lopes via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching Online Approval Process:
- Review the APM206 Policy including the approval process.
- Decide how much of your course will be offered online:
- BLENDED I: 20 - 66% of the entire course is offered online
- BLENDED II: 67 - 99% of the entire course is offered online
- ONLINE: 100% of the course is offered online
- Begin the APM206 process. Review this document for further clarification.
- If you have never been formally trained, review your options through the Professional Development section and sign up for a certificate or class.
- If you have been trained:
- Check the Master List of Trained Faculty. If you have been trained either through the Chancellor's office or Fresno State be sure you have received approval. If you don't see your name, follow this link to upload a Certificate of Completion and a justification.
- If you have gone through training at another institution, use this link to upload a Certificate of Completion and a justification.