ACUE Effective Online Teaching Practices
The 25-week course in ‘Effective Online Teaching Practices’ was designed in collaboration with online teaching and learning experts to empower faculty to be impactful online instructors and ensure student success today and in the future. ACUE’s course is based on more than three decades of research that shows effective teaching improves learning for all students. Students, particularly those who are underserved, are more engaged, learn more, and complete courses in greater numbers when taught by ACUE-credentialed faculty.
- This is ideal for faculty after they have built their online course and want to connect with colleagues on how to facilitate learning effectively.
- Teaching certificates for the higher education context are rare so this can be a useful way to demonstrate evidence of your teaching effectiveness for reappointment, retention, tenure or promotion.
- Participants must be actively teaching a course for both Fall and Spring and must commit to approximately 3 hours per week.
- Three required 50-minute synchronous meetings each semester. Additionally, an optional virtual lounge will be open weekly for drop-in support, conversation, and collaboration.
- Spots are limited and will be prioritized based on: those teaching lower-division high fail rate & equity gap courses, newer faculty, and coordinated teams of faculty.
- There will be two cohorts of 30 faculty members and two facilitators for each cohort.
- Attend Virtual Kickoff session week of September 20
Apply Now! Deadline to apply has been extended to Tuesday, September 7, 2021
To earn $1500 in funding and the Certificate in Effective College Instruction, participants must complete all the activities in the 25-module course.