Center for Faculty Excellence
The Center for Faculty Excellence team is providing remote support and training during this time.
Canvas status: https://status.instructure.com/
Zoom status: https://status.zoom.us/
Join our Zoom Room through the link below to get assistance by the Academic Technology Resource Center (ATRC) Student Assistants and the Instructional Designers (IDs).
CANVAS AND ZOOM SUPPORT
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT WITH AN ID
Faculty, schedule an appointment with an Instructional Designer for a longer discussion about pedagogy or your Canvas course by completing this form.
VIRTUAL WORKSHOPS SCHEDULED
View the schedule
MORE CANVAS HELP
- Canvas Instructor Video Guides
- Canvas Instructor Guide
- Click on 'Training Services Portal' through the Canvas Help button for additional Canvas training.
PROVOST SERIES ON PRACTICES FOR VIRTUAL INSTRUCTION
Faculty Videos - By Faculty for Faculty (Fresno State Access only). These brief videos provide our faculty access to tutorials on topics that range from technology tools, teaching methodology, and assessment within the context of virtual teaching.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR FACULTY
1. QLT registration for Fall 2020 is open. Follow this link to register for a workshop. Registration is free for fall courses.
2. Alternate Approaches to Assessment in Quantitative Reasoning Courses
Tuesdays, 1:00 – 1:30 pm. Zoom Link
September 15: Press <START> to Continue: Gamification and Grades by Attrition
September 22: Oral Assessment as an Alternative to Proctored Exams
September 29: Building a Community of Learners with Threaded Discussions
3. TLT Group's FridayLive! 11:00 a.m. - noon
Registration and Session Descriptions
4. First Annual CSU Student Success Network Conference, Building a Student-Ready Campus: Shared Opportunities for Equity and Transformation, will focus on practices and programs for building an equitable student-ready campus and include faculty and practitioners from across the CSU system and the Chancellor’s Office.The 2020 conference will be held in a virtual format in two installments and is free to all who register.
- Conference 1: September 25th, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Conference 2: October 16th, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
INCLUSION, DIVERSITY, AND EQUITY RESOURCES
- BLACK MINDS MATTER Series.
- Session 1 Recording - Prof. Tyrone Howard and Shante Needham (sister of Sandra Bland)
- Session 2 Recording - Dr. Gloria Ladson-Billings, Dr. Ivory Toldson, and Gwen Carr (the mother of Eric Garner)
- Session 3 Recording - Guests included Dr. William Smith, Dr. Eboni Zamani-Gallaher, Dr. Frank Harris III & Michael Brown Sr. (the father of Michael Brown Jr.)
- Far-Reaching Consequences - The Supreme Court Decision
- Responding to Microaggressions in Online Learning Environments During a Pandemic
- Inclusive Teaching Practices Toolkit from ACUE
By implementing inclusive teaching practices, faculty create learning environments where all students feel they belong and have the opportunity to achieve at high levels.
FORMS AND REQUESTS
CANVAS WORK ORDERS Complete this WORK ORDER FORM if you would like the Resource Center Staff to help you upload content or create quizzes/exams into your Canvas Course.
STUDENT INCOMPLETE FORM Fill out this form if you have students who have taken an incomplete and need continued access to your Canvas course.
ACCESS TO LYNDA.COM/LINKEDIN LEARNING
Fresno County Public Library provides free access to this resource. Users only need a FCPL library card, which they can register for online and receive immediate access. More information is available here:
https://library.fresnostate.edu/info/research-tools/other-libraries#borrow. You can also contact Madden librarians at 559-278-2174, firstname.lastname@example.org, or FCPL librarians at 559-600-READ (7323) for any questions.
- Zoom Guide through CFE
- Zoom Videos
- Download and install the Zoom plugin here if you'd prefer to do it ahead of joining Zoom for the first time: https://zoom.us/download
RESPONDUS LOCKDOWN BROWSER AND MONITOR HELP
Respondus offers daily training webinars for Respondus Monitor and LockDown Browser. Webinars are being scheduled at least 7 days in advance and will be available at different times of the day. Instructors and staff can register for the webinars at: http://respondus.com/webinars.
The Center for Faculty Excellence provides faculty professional development, technology training, support and development of academic uses of technology.