In order to be eligible for the program, students must meet the following qualifications:
- Maintain a minimum average GPA of 3.5 and be enrolled in at least 12 units
- Have an unmet financial aid need of at least $2,400
In addition to these qualifications, applicants must be able to complete the following program requirements:
- Enroll in, attend, and complete requirements of the SIS Community Service 101 course. During the Fall 2014 semester, this course meets once a month on Tuesdays from 4:00 PM - 5:50 PM (dates to be announced). More information on the course will be provided when students are hired.
- Meet service requirements and complete a minimum of 90 hours of service each semester with a designated service organization (all available positions will be listed below).
Apply to Be a Scholar in Service
To become a Scholar in Service, first review the qualifications and requirements listed above. Then, click on the links below to read about the available Scholar positions. Be advised that candidates can only apply for the positions listed below. Finally, download the Scholar in Service application, complete it and submit it to the Richter Center in the Thomas Building, Room 107 where you will also register for an interview.
Please direct questions to the Richter Center by calling 559.278.7079 or by emailing email@example.com.
Scholar in Service Positions NOW Available:
- Boys & Girls Club of Fresno County
- Every Neighborhood Partnership