In order to be eligible for the program, students must meet the following qualifications:
- Maintain a minimum average GPA of 3.5 and be enrolled in at least 12 units
- Have an unmet financial aid need of at least $2,400
In addition to these qualifications, applicants must be able to complete the following program requirements:
- Enroll in, attend, and complete requirements of the SIS Community Service 101 course.
During the Fall 2015 semester, this course meets once a month on Thursdays from 4:00
PM - 5:50 PM (dates to be announced). More information on the course will be provided
when students are hired.
- Meet service requirements and complete a minimum of 90 hours of service each semester with a designated service organization (all available positions will be listed below).
Apply to Be a Scholar in Service
We are now recruiting for the 2015-16 academic year! To apply, review the job descriptions below. Then complete the program application and submit it to the Richter Center (Thomas Building, Room 107). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
- Fund Development and Communications Assistant (job description coming soon)
- Assistant Site Coordinator (job description coming soon)
- Volunteer ESL Instructor
Please direct questions to the Richter Center by calling 559.278.7079 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.