Now Recruiting Student Team Leaders for 2019 Alternative Spring Break!
Alternative Breaks (AB) 2019 seeks four to eight students to serve as Team Leaders for three to four smalls teams of student participants. Students can apply as an individual or as a team of two. The Team Leaders are crucial in developing successful and meaningful service projects that will be conducted during the 2019 spring break period.
Team Leaders will:
- Identify, contact, and develop relationships with community benefit organizations who will serve as project partners
- Plan and coordinate AB service projects
- Develop and co-facilitate pre, during, and post service team building activities and service reflection sessions
- Develop and conduct participant recruitment programs and outreach
- Assist with program resources development
- Serve as models and guides for AB participants
- Co-create and facilitate program assessments and surveys
- Document program activities and processes for increased sustainability
- Participate in relevant media outreach and post-program presentations
- Receive significant support from program staff
Successful Team Leader candidates should:
- Maintain a semester and cumulative GPA of 2.00 throughout the application process and the 2018-19 academic year
- Be willing to volunteer 2 – 4 hours per week (on average) to this position
- Be available to attend regular Team Leaders meetings and check-ins with program staff
- Be interested in developing leadership skills
- Be an effective communicator
- Be organized and comfortable working independently and in teams
- Have a desire to serve their community and their fellow students.
To be considered for an Alternative Break Team Leader position, please complete an online application at bit.ly/FSABTL2019 by 11:59 PM on Monday, November 26, 2018. If you are applying as a team, each person much complete an application.
Review a pdf of the application materials prior to applying online.
Candidate interviews will take place November 28 – 30, 2019. Applicants who apply in a team of two will be interviewed as a team.
For more information, contact Mellissa Jessen-Hiser at firstname.lastname@example.org or 559.278.6986.