- Search the MERLOT collection of links to free online learning materials, create your own collection or adopt other collections or join a community.
- Narrow your search by Subject Area, Grade level, material type, media format and the conditions for use.
- This search index contains almost 6,000 open courses from many universities (multilingual site). Use the advanced course search or browse by language or source. Results link to the original source where you can download materials.
- Offers content appropriate for lower division courses. Easy to use, videos can be played right from this site. Content is also indexed to popular textbooks. The site allows you to mix your own media playlist combining content from any collection. The ratings by other Hippocampus users help you narrow down your search.
- Search their media library for content according to topic, resource type, license or grade level. The Saylor library includes everything from presentations, datasets, articles to books and courses.
- A searchable web portal to over 5 million open resources from universities, libraries, archives and museums, including texts, images and multimedia. Browser or search by timeline, map, format or topic.
- Thousands of resources on the arts and sciences, free to use.
- This library contains hundreds of free courses, video lectures, and supplemental materials from universities in the United States and China.
- A collection of expertly developed educational materials – including textbooks, syllabi, course activities, readings, and assessments – in 81 high-enrollment college courses.
- Another search engine for online courses, MOOCs, movies, audio books, ebooks, textbooks, language lessons and more.
Ad*Access – Advertisements printed from 1911 to 1955 in: radio, television, transportation, and beauty & hygiene.
arXiv – E-prints in physics, mathematics, computer science, quantitative biology, quantitative finance, and statistics.
bioRxiv – Preprints of articles in biology, sponsored by Cold Spring Harbor Laboratories.
Digital Scriptorium – Archival images of medieval and renaissance manuscripts.
Directory of Open Access Books – A database indexing open access e-books across multiple disciplines.
JOLT: Journal of Online Learning and Teaching - A peer-reviewed, open access, online publication addressing the scholarly use of multimedia resources in online education. JOLT is published quarterly in March, June, September, and December.
Directory of Open Access Journals – DOAJ is a community-curated online directory that indexes and provides access to high quality, open access, peer-reviewed journals.
Internet Archive – An archive of the Internet including newsreels, movies, texts, and audio artifacts.
NCBI BookShelf – Texts in life science and healthcare from the National Center for Biotechnology Information.
PubMed – Provides citations and abstracts for journal articles in all areas of medical practice and research from 1953 to the present.
Science.gov– Features selected, authoritative science information provided by U.S. Government agencies including research and development results.
TIMEA – The Travelers in the Middle East Archive (TIMEA) focuses on western interactions with the Middle East, particularly travels to Egypt during the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.