Fall 2012 MTB Race
Saturday, November 17
- 7:30am - 8:45am: STXC Registration Only
- 9:00am - 12:00pm Short Track Cross Country (Collegiate)
- 12:00pm - 1:30pm Short Track Cross Country (Non-Collegiate)
- 12:00pm - 2:00pm Super D Registration/Practice
- 2:30pm Super D Start (Collegiate and Non-Collegiate)
Sunday, November 18
- 7:30am - 8:45am: Cross Country Registration
- 9:00am XC Start (Collegiate Mens A [4 laps], Mens B and Womens A [3 laps]
- 11:00am XC Start (Collegiate Mens C and Womens B [2 laps]
- 1:00pm XC Start (Non-collegiate catagories [4,3, and 2 laps])
All races take place at the Buck Ridge Recreational Area on the east side of Hensley Lake. From SR99 in Madera, take SR145 north to Rd 33. Turn left to Rd. 400, go 9.7 miles to Buck Ridge on your left. Parking is $4 per car with receipt displayed from envelope at entrance pay station.
STXC: 1km course with both single track and double track and a short climb.
Super D: 2 mile course more tailored to the endurance rider than the DH rider. Short steep downhill, a short climb, followed by a mostly flat and flowy section.
XC: 5 mile loop with double track rollers, single track downhill. 900 ft climbing per lap.
Racers must follow all USAC and NCCA rules. Helmets must be worn at all times. Race rain or shine, no refunds. No shuttle for the Super D. Non-collegiate categories are Men and Women` Cat 1, 2, and 3 only. Prizes are cash ($100 Cat 1, $75 Cat 2, $50 Cat 3) Championship races are collegiate XC and STXC only.
Collegiate: $20 per race. Non-collegiate: $30 per race. ($10 discount for additional races on same day). Register online at USACycling.org or at event. USAC license or one-day license required. Online registration closes on Nov. 15 at 10pm.
Camping is available at the Hidden View Campground on the west side of the lake, about 10 minutes from the race site ($20.00 per night for 8 people/2 cars).